Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Happy Last Wednesday of the year. I started these reading posts back in February. I went back to the books I was checking out back in 2020 as the pandemic started. So I don't run out of books. I am 3-4 months behind now with posting. So these books were checked out back in September. 

My comment on a couple of comments last week. Virginia, I think you are doing just fine with your celebrations. You have family and friends for dinners, you attend dinners with people. Our family is what we make it to be. My local "family" consists of good friends as my actual family is far away. 

TBT, I look at the titles of books behind those people too. Sometimes I find something good to read! 

Now to my own books from the library.

Doggone Deadly by Deborah Blake is the series I was thinking about when I checked out the Jennifer Hawkin's book a while back.  This is the second of the series about a woman who wins the lottery and rescues a whole shelter. 

Vampires, Bones and Treacle Scones, one of the Liss MacCrimmons mystery series.  

Leave the Gun, Take the Cannoli is about the novel and movie The Godfather. I think I need to get the DVD and watch the movie again. I never did read the book. I understand it is a bit more racier than the movie.

Death on the Downs by Simon Brett is the second of a series that I wanted to read. However as I got into the second book, the characters weren't compelling enough to keep going. I wasn't sure when I read the first book, but this one wasn't to my liking. The author has other series to try.

 James Burrows is a TV director and from the cover you can see he has been involved with many of the iconic shows over the past 40-50 years. Fun to read, but I skipped the parts of the shows that I rarely watched.


 My receipt for the last check out of 2022. Total value of books checked out is over $5500.00 for the year. I know I didn't read everything I checked out, but I could never afford to buy all the books I would want to read. That is why we have libraries! I'm close to have read 200 books this year, will let you know next week if I actually made it. 


Happy Reading and Happy New Year.

4 comments:

  1. Always have a book or two lined up, ready in the wings!
    Libraries are the bestest places in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's smart to have back-up books handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark's Mews: TBT - I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks at the books behind political talk TV guests. While they are usually specialized political books, sometimes you spy a surprise.

    If I was one of those guests, I would have to reorganize my bookcases. They're a mess! But I don't really have to worry about that.

    About "How To Read More": #1 I wouldn't have to throw my phone in the ocean. I have a smart phone, but I'm dumber than it is. Some day, I will figure out how to use it.

    #4 "If You Aren't Enjoying A Book, Stop Reading It Immediately". I can't. I HAVE to know how it ends. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've said before in a comment on one of your posts that I dislike the library's initiative to try to tell us how much money we have saved by borrowing rather than buying. I'm never going to buy many books, so it's ludicrous to imagine that I've made that saving. On the other hand, reading is so important to me that I think that merely totalling up the purchase price of books that I read understates their value enormously. Cost is not the same as value!

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.