Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Things were busy here last week with the GOP in the area for their convention. I stayed out in my own little area in the next county and stayed away from all of the hoopla, security mess etc. Didn't even watch on TV, although all of the local channels broadcast their evening news shows from the convention. I watched enough to get the weather and turned the TV off. Weather was quiet enough too with no severe storms I needed to keep track of.

I got nearly four books read last week! Very little to watch on TV with all the political stuff, plus baseball was on its All-Star break. Didn't watch that either! I did have a few shows on PBS from Sunday night, so I could get some entertainment.

Already two books this week and starting on a third. The books you see pictured here I read a month ago. I have to keep reading to stay ahead of what I am posting about!


The Deepest Map relates the task of mapping the sea floor. ALL OF IT! The usual shipping channels are well documented but not much of the open areas. Also recounts the expedition to get to the lowest portion of the five deepest areas in the oceans. Interesting book but I wish the author had included diagrams and maps.

The Paris Daughter is a lovely book, historical fiction and woven into true events. Elise and Juliette are US expats living in Paris, France, both young mothers as World War 2 breaks out. Elise must leave Paris to hide from the Germans and she gives her daughter Mathilde to Juliette to care for while she is gone. An errant bomb hits Juliette's home and only she and her daughter survive. Elise and Juliette reconnect many years later in New York with a delightful twist.

Before She Finds Me another thriller. Julia is a mom dropping off her daughter on college move in day. Ren is a trained assassin as is her husband who does a job at the move in day. Their lives are intertwined now and both need answers defending their families to the end.

Jackie: Public, Private, Secret recently published I read this mainly to cover the last few years of her life. While much has been published over the years up through her marriage to Onassis, the final years I hadn't read much. I wasn't aware of her relationships with her mother and sister not being the best either. Plus her relationship the Maurice Tempelsman.



And more yarn too! I can never have enough yarn. I see a good sale and I buy more. Even when I have a two year supply on the shelf!

Add in a cat too, a glass of wine or some tea. Whatever makes you happy!

Happy Reading.

3 comments:

  1. dood...how awesum wood it be two go under de sea...knot just for LUNCH BRAKE...but ta see all de awesum life that livez ther !! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading is traveling for the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful reads, and it must be amazing to be exploring the oceans that way.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.