Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Hot and humid weather is back, staying inside and reading during the day. Evening is for watching the prime time Olympic coverage. I get to see the important stuff without having to spend super lots of time. Plus I only have to actually watch closely what I want. Plus if I really want to see a specific event I can watch it online, which is what I have done with some of the equestrian events.


Blueberry Blunder latest installment of the Amish Candy Shop mysteries. Bailey's business is doing so well she is building a huge candy factory. However he contractor is asking for more money or he won't finish the job. The the contractor is found dead one night at the building site. Did Bailey do it and is something else fishy going on?

A Noel Killing next installment of the Bonnet and Verlaque mystery series. It is Christmas time and a community carol sing is happening. During the meal afterward a man collapses and dies. At first it is thought he just had died from a heart attack, but an autopsy shows he was poisoned. Was it because he was involved with loan sharks or was someone else the the target.

The Lady from Burma the fifth installment of the Sparks & Bainbridge mysteries. Gwen is close to getting back custody of her son and being able to run her own life, financial and personal. Will complications from her case affect the outcome of her legal issues? Is their marriage bureau mixed up in a client death?

Read to Death at the Lakeside Library another cozy mystery at the library. Rain has started a small book club, first book discussed Agatha Christies' Sparkling Cyanide. Later one of the members is found dead, poisoned in fact. Who done it and why?


For me it is getting more yarn, which I did this past week. Good sales means I buy. 



 

I did quit my job, eight years ago. Retirement means reading!






 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

I use my local library a lot, I check out the value of books more than I pay in property taxes! Little free libraries are good too. Just read!

Happy Reading.

5 comments:

  1. Just read! is a great motto.
    Was at my local library yesterday, in person, and of course I use the apps like crazy to borrow and reserve audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there was a little library in the lobby of the place I retired from and it always needed
    reading materials ‼️every now and then I’ll spot another around town. neat idea
    whoever thought of it πŸŸπŸ˜ΊπŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the library is free, and air conditioned.

    I can't retire yet, I still like to eat. Someday maybe, then I will read all I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love both the little and big free libraries. Our close one is okay, but yesterday we went a few towns over to a bigger, better one, and came home with a nice stack. I love the job quitting one, especially as we've been talking more and more about at least partial retirement lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read books constantly. Then the internet happened. I still read, but more informational stuff (and seriously professional trustable information) plus 2 decent discussion forums) online. But I still have my home-made angled tabletop book stand and am planning to reread 'The Ancestor's Tale" by Richard Dawkins and Yan Wong.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.