Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rooster Shots

Hope everyone had a great weekend hanging out with their families and remembering all those who have served our wonderful country.
hehehe, the big guy is in the carrier, bye, bye Derby!

The big thing that happened over the weekend is that mum took me to the VET for my annual checkup.

I sang to her all the way there and you can see me all safely buckled in the seat.
Lately when I go to the vet or get to the vet, I become a very unhappy kittie. I growl and hiss all the time I am there. I had the first appointment of the day, no other kitties or woofies were there, but I still hissed and growled. They got me in the room and was gently tipped out of my carrier. I got my rooster shot but that was about it. I started fighting and getting ready to bite anybody. So Dr. M said he would skip the rest of the exam so no one would get hurt. I really showed them my CATITUDE!

The one thing mum wanted was to get my weight so they weighed the empty carrier on the woofie scale, then I very calmly walked back into the carrier and then they weighed the carrier with me in it. I am 15.5 pounds about what I was last year. Good fighting weight.

So we were done, mum paid the bill and took me back outside. Here you can see the outside of the clinic. Little, but good care, even if I am not happy when I am there.
So on the way home I sang to mum all the way back. Once we got home she let me out right away and I wandered off to have a long nap. I did get extra treats and all once I got home too.

He has been a crabilated, hissy cat since Caturday. Shessh, I have been there too, I didn't think it was that bad. He even hissed at the lady last night as she was sleeping. He was on the bed, she moved, he hissed. Get over it!

27 comments:

  1. They call Scylla Grumpy Girl at the vet. Her and Derby seem to share the same CATITUDE concerning THE VET. ~AFSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Smudge and Spider are big wuss bags at the vet and sit very scared on the vets table, they are chatty on the way to and from the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derby, I am glad you got your shot, which is necessary. But really, those vet-people actually love kitties, otherwise they would not have become vets. Did you have a very bad experience once?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least it's all over until next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I never give the v-e-t a hard time. Mom is always very surprised at how good I am.

    Glad to hear it is over! Hope Derby's day improves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Derby you showed them! But it is very good you got your rooster shot! Our newbies are headed to the vet this Saturday for their first checkup there (they had been going to a vet in TX but we want them to meet our vet up here). We bet they will be a bit hissy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We never fight the vet, we just hunch up and let them do what they want!

    ReplyDelete
  8. going to the v-e-t upsets me too, Derby. even more than you i think, because i get so scared i start screaming and i make #1 and #2 all over the place. in the carrier, on my mommeh, on the floor, on the exam table, on the receptionist, on the v-e-t...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My babies don't like it but are pretty good=Halle is my only real exception=total cattitude and she is a fighter...My smallest kitty (6.4 lbs.) and it takes 4 women to hold that girl down; I don't dare try to give her meds at home whenever she is sick, she gets the 7 day antibiotic shot!...Daddy Cat is probably the most gentle, easy going at the vet, a total sweetie and he's the biggest one, around 15 lbs!...They all sing all the way there and home again though!...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind the vet people, but Zazou really does. I like to wander around and sniff at things. I also jump up on the peoples shoulders so I can get a better look.

    My dad says that they had another cat named Diablo who would act like I did until he got kidney disease. Then he was visiting the vet fairly frequently. He would bite and hiss, and for ultra-soundies he would have to be knocked out. My dad says he would sit in the vet with a sleeping Diablo supported in his arms until Diablo came to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We hope you got plenty of extra treats after the v-e-t trip, Derby. Then, more treats for the inconvenience of the PTU.

    The important thing is you're healthy mancat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somebody's a Mr. Cranky-pants!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We think Derby is still getting used to Ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are both good at the vet, but we try to out sing each other all the way there and back again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are not overly fond of the v-e-t either, but it sounds like you REALLY don't like him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Derby, we have always hated going to the vet too, and especially hate riding in the vehicle! We sang at least half of the way from St. Louis to the Lake when we moved here (it is a 3 hour drive) ... hee hee!
    Purrs and headbutts,
    Sabrina, Sam and Simon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Derby,
    Good Job at the vet. We are generally big pussy cats when we have to go; but we're HUGE on singing, both ways. Johnny sounds like a fire siren, wailing away.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry you don't like the vet Derby.
    we don't like it much either.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww, Derby. I know the v-e-t is no fun, but your mum just wants to keep you healthy. Maybe some more treats will help you be less crabbilated.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww, Derby. I know the v-e-t is no fun, but your mum just wants to keep you healthy. Maybe some more treats will help you be less crabbilated.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gentle Scooby has a warning on his vet record. But he's all hiss & growl, not a fighter.
    We got our shots last week.
    -Shaggy & Scooby

    ReplyDelete
  22. Derby, we feel your pain...none of us likes to got the v-e-t...but we do it anyway. I think momma Ellie and I are due soon...shhhh don't tell anyone and maybe they'll forget!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't have to go to the stabby place (I don't even like to say "v-e-t") because my Human cannot wrestle me into a carrier anymore! Ha ha ha She keeps threatening to sneak up on me with a pillowcase, but I think she could get arrested for that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pee Ess:
    Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well it's understandable ~ 'cos going to the vets STINKS!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Derby, it sounds like you really outdid yourself this time! I'm proud of you, guy!!

    George

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.