Saturday, April 1, 2006

Cleaning Dervish

She's at it again. Today mum tooked all of the stuff out of the closet where she hides the pressies and some of my extra toys. She calls it a linen closet. I think you should find a different place for your stuff. I think this will make a lovely kittie condo for me. Five levels to climb through, including a very secluded penthouse level. PMB, it would be a great quiet place to snuggle.

The ceilings are a little low but I can manage that. But lots of room to stretch out. I can stretch to my full length and not hit the side walls.

I may need to get a new decorator in, not sure about this gold wallpaper in here. Also, not much of a view when you close the door, so the door will have to go too.

Plus Grampie came over too. They worked outside in the garage in the morning. Mum said the gotted it all clean and arranged. Put the winter stuff away and got out the spring/summer stuff out. Chairs to sit on the patio and front porch. Lawn mower. Plus swepted out all of the dirt. Then after Grampie left mum worked on cleaning out the inside of the car. Wiping all of the dirt off, using the big sucking machine on it and all. It looks purrty good.

13 comments:

  1. Our Mom has one of them lineney closets too, but she NEVER cleans it! It must be terrible dirty by now. If a closet door is shut, I make sure Mom opens it so I can 'spect it; never know what could be growing in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humans go through these spells where they clean clean clean, but be patient, little one. It will pass, and you will be able to make it your own for the rest of the time.

    Mama had the same kind of ideas yesterday, but my human's back wouldn't let him help her very much. He just took muscle relaxers and sat in my recliner most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Derby. Ours is so packed full of junk we can't get in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lots of fun places to play in your house. The downstairs and now the closet too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Closets are a Good Thing. Claim it as yours ASAP and tell the humans to stay out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when Mom does spring cleaning! It's when she puts stuff back on the shelfs and in the cupboards that I get miffed. Don't give me a new sleeping spot only to take it away again!

    How rude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mum is a busy lady! I don't suppose she'd feel like teleporting down to do a little spring cleaning here?? (Sigh. We didn't think so, but it can't hurt to ask.) Your shelves sure are purrty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Derby!! Your own bachelor pad, with a penthouse & everything - how great is that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! A penthouse! That's a nice place you got there, Derby. I think the gold makes your fur look nice and rich gingery. But if you change it, let us see please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Derby

    You did a masterful job of inspectin' and overseein' that clean up. I bet there's not one spec of dirt left. Did your Momma leave you any space to go back in and have a new hidey place? We love it when Mom opens those linen closets because we can get all squishy and in between the linens and place hide the kitty. WE hid one time so good Momma thought we had gotten out of the house, it made her all scaryie, because she thought we was lost. But we knew we weren't lost, we was playin' hidey in the linen closet. Don't do this to your Mom...it's not good to put the scary into our beans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job, Derbs. I love the way the gold brings out the shine in your fur. Furry handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the spring cleaning bug Mom said. She has it too. We don't want to catch it that's for sure ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.