Saturday, November 25, 2017

Caturday

HiYa, Ducky here. Wow, it is so nice out these days. Lots of sun and even warm enuf that mum can open the windows a little bit. That is purrty good for being Turkey Day time of the year.

I didn't have turkey. I got some special gooshy foods but mum said the can was ocean whitefish and tuna. It was good. She didn't have turkey either. She abandoned me to head off to her furiends and spend the night too. They always do duck. Not Ducky, not me, but those little quackers.
 Mum made an appetizer to take along, mini cheese balls with bacon in them and then little pretzels to pick them up with so your fingers didn't get sticky.
Five ducks getting roasted on the grill. They had been roasting here for a little over an hour. The hair dryer is to get the added coals up to temperature fast.
All grilled and ready to carve. One of the first years mum went they only grilled 3 ducks. This year they had 16 peoples over for dinner. All but 4 were family.
The carving of the ducks. Mum took a video of them starting to work on the little birds. They stand like vultures to snap up bits of the crispy skin.You can be full before you get to the table.
The platter nearly full of meat to serve. I didn't get any leftovers brought home to me. Those peoples ate it all! No leftovers for anyone! Well, unless you wanted mashed taters, and I don't!
Mum got home to me pretty early after having brekkie there, then sat so I could sit on her and soak up my loves. She did one tiny shopping thing yesterday but at a store that won't have crowds.

Today she says she needs a library run, then we will watch Bucky Badger play feetsball later.

Have a good weekend everyone.

11 comments:

  1. Do you know what Ducky? Our mom bean has never had duck (nor have we) but they sure look tasty. Sounds like your mom bean had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Happy Caturday with lots of cuddles to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My human loves duck! She has never had it for Thanksgiving, though. She has had goose for Christmas, and she likes that too. She may even try cooking a goose this year - it has been about 20 years since the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't do Thanksgiving here so no sign of any turkey at our end here. But #1 was just told by some people whose foals she sold for them that they would be giving us a home-bred capon for Christmas. Yummy!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very tasty ! We're glad you had a nice Thanksgiving ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ducks look very tasty. I don't like turkey, but I love roast duck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before I went vegan, I LURVED duck! And we've purchased many cans of duck cat food for our kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mum goes out for a duck Thanksgiving dinner and comes home without any leftovers for a cat named Ducky? That is wrong - just wrong. I think her hosts should have cooked an extra duck just for you! If you give me their contact details, I'll drop them a short email and put it to them that they owe you big time!! LOL

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. We get duck food sometimes...and it's pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those five ducks roasting on the grill look mighty delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like your mom had a delicious Thanksgiving feast. I'm glad they didn't put pickle inside the duck! That was funny.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.