Thursday, January 7, 2021

Puzzle Thursday

Me and mum are super sad at what is happening in our country. I haven't seen mum with so much leaky eyes in a super long time. Please say a prayer than that our country heals. 

It has been cloudy and sometimes foggy too. Which means you can't see too far, but not so bad that mum can't drive around and see to drive. But it can make super cool stuff happen when it gets foggy and cold, then you get something mum calls rime ice on trees and such. 




These were taken later in the morning so it wasn't even as thick as it had been earlier. Doesn't mother nature make things purrty!

Mum did all sorts of running around the other day. Saw her doctor (come back in 6 months), did a Targez run, and went to get her toes painted. She went wild, for her, with the color. Sorta reddish, purple with sparkle!


The other day I mentioned that mum had cut my claws and Miss Megan objected. I am not sure why, I was just getting a pawdicure. You know like you ladies get your fingers and toes all nicely clipped and painted. Just that my toes don't get painted. Amember that scratching posts don't help us with our back claws, just the front ones. Plus my first peoples took my front claws out so I don't have to sharpen those. I just sharpen my paws which doesn't actually hurt the furniture. 


I was getting into mum's bag with some yarn in it. I was having a grate time with it and I usually leave mum's yarn alone. Wanna know why I was so interest? My favorite play mousie had gotten inside! I swatted it back out and mum put the yarn bag back in its place. 

Hmm, puzzles, what to share, what to share! One of Derby winking! and One of me!

Stay Safe, stay healthy, wear a mask, get the vaccine when you can.

preview108pieceIMGP7351-2 preview120pieceNappingDucky

9 comments:

  1. I do like your mum's toes, Ducky, but I'm still not sure why American cats get their claws clipped. Oh well ...

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting nails is much different to bring declawed. Because I am an indoor outdoor cat I don't need my nails trimmed because I scratch trees and run over the patio.

    It has been astonishing to watch the news the past day. What an outcry it would have been if it had been Biden supporters doing the same thing. I would wish that things would settle, but I sense that there is a lot of division and hatred in your country at the moment. We know that for most of you you just want a safe, happy and healthy future and we wish you well.

    Mum and poppyq

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the TV in disbelief last night. I feel so sorry for all the decent Americans. I mostly stopped going on FB because I couldn't believe the vitriol of people, a very few who are also bloggers. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the nastiness from some makes me despair. I hope peace can return to your country but I fear it will take a long time.
    About the law clipping. I believe in Australia cats are indoors/outdoors the same as the majority in the UK. I never had to clip Eric and Flynn's claws because they kept them short naturally. An indoor cat can't do that and if it's claws are not clipped it can get caught up in various materials. When Flynn became ill and didn't go out much his claws grew. He kept getting them caught in blankets and towels and it distressed him. He had his claws clipped for the first time at 15 years old, and bless him he was so good for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, it looks pretty cold at your place Ducky! I never mind my claw trims, it sure beats getting stuck on things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dood....we had ice on new yeerz day....two much....we like ice....in sum thin ta DRINK !! happee new yeer two ewe N mum ☺☺♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have never heard of any laws on clipping claws! In France, all kinds of things are forbidden as cruel to animals, but certainly not that! We are both indoor cats and if we don't get our claws clipped by #1, they grow very long ad snag on everything. Actually, it's like saying that a farrier shouldn't trim horses' hooves. All that would do is make them very uncomfortable. #1 has gotten all of us over the years used to having our claws trimmed, and we just sit there, holding out our paws when she does it!

    As for what happened in your country yesterday, our #1 is speechless. She normally never watches news channels but has been glued to CNN. What a tragedy. But she says your new guy sounds super! She really liked his speeches.

    Purrs,
    Tama and Genji

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are filled with anguish. We pray we can get out of this, but our mom worries that we can't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so sad for this once great land and pray with you.
    Ducky I really like your puzzles and fun photo. I too have only back claws and need a trim now and again. Dad likes the way I still do sharpen my paws. It feels good right

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want a mani/pedi, but not while the Covid numbers are so high around here.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.