Monday, January 31, 2022

Mini-ManCat Monday

Cats are kindly masters, just so long as you remember your place.

 Mum's place is sitting with me on her lap. She can be napping, working on crow-shay or reading. Miss Megan asked about the stack of books last week. Yep, mum reads lots. Last year 181 books! If you know her on FaceBooking she posts pics of her books that she gets. I decided I will let her post some here too. 


 Mum doesn't buy books. She used the library, saves her lots of green papers. She can then use those green papers on me!

Also, mum reads lots of books by the same author and they sometime do need to be read in order. The best place she has found to figure this out is here. Books In Order.



 The books above are what she was reading at the beginning of 2021. Biggify if you need to read the titles better. Just cuz mum checked out the book doesn't mean she actually read the whole thing. Sometimes she starts it, doesn't like it and just quits. Moves on to the next one. 

Starting this Wednesday I am going to let mum put pics up of her books. So stop back on Wednesday.

Me, mum and a book!

Feetsball Report

The Stouper Bowl teams are set. The Cincinnati Bengals and their young QB are in, along with the LaLa Land Rams. Mum is thinking she wants the young guy to win it all in two weeks. 

Stay safe, stay healthy, get vaccinated and boosted, wear a mask, a good one!

Come back on Wednesday for more books and Ground Hog Day!

 

9 comments:

  1. Your mum reads a lot of books! I used to but don't read enough now. I need to start getting more books again.
    I bought a 20 pack of N95 masks a couple of weeks ago because the experts say that the cloth masks are not good enough for Omicrom. I keep one by the door if anyone rings the bell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Goodreads to track my books, find more by the same author, and books in a series by order. Also, I drop in my tbr list (to be read), which is now at 510!
    If a book isn't grabbing after a little bit, then I'm with your mom, Ducky...close it and pick another!
    Life is too short to read books that aren't interesting.
    Have no idea how I made it through school and college with this attitude, but somehow, I did!
    Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 doesn't read as much as she used to, but she always has a couple going!

    Great to see you, Ducky! Nice pic!

    Purrs,
    Tama and Benny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire wishes she has enough time to read all the books that are on her (long) list ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  5. dood....de gurl likes ta get her bookz N keep em sew her shopz at ABE BOOKS

    tell mum ta chex it out sum time; her can get bookz frum like troo lee round de WERLD...a lot offerz free shippin and her can get bookz in good condtionz for like 3 $$$ ☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. We agree Ginger Cuteness, Purr and Simple. Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful rest of the day.
    World of Animals Bensalem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good Ducky! We have a library somewhat close but the peeps haven't been there in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom sure likes to read! My mom likes to listen to books. She uses the local library too…doesn’t want to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Ducky. I look forward to your mum's Wednesday posts, as I don't use Facebook all that much.
    I'm also an avid reader and an avid library user. I'm not all that much interested in owning books. I'm happy to borrow them and then give them back so that other people can read them. My local library went through a short stage of putting a note on the checkout list/email to say how much money I'd saved by borrowing my books from the library instead of buying them. My feedback on this was that I hadn't saved that much money at all because (i) I wouldn't have bought the books and (ii) their value to me is in fact much greater than their cost - ie. they were underselling the value of the library books.
    I was pleased that they stopped including this note.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.