Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Yes it is February now and I have been at these book posts since February 2, 2022. I have no idea how many books I have posted about. That isn't the point. 

I hope that perhaps I have introduced you to books to read, new authors to add to your list of books to read. My TBR list hovers between 150-160. I read some and then add more back in. I am getting more picky about what I add since I was getting too many clunkers!

I went back to look at some of my first posts. I notice I wasn't giving much feedback on each title, just posting pictures of the books. It wasn't until about 6 months later I gave a short synopsis of each book, my mini-review as it were.


Murder Most Fair one of the Verity Kent series. Her great aunt arrives from Germany and they return to her family home. It is her first visit in nearly five years and she has to deal with the death of her brother in the war and her relationship with the rest of the family. Then her great aunt's maid is murdered as well. Was it because she was German?

The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs Kip a cub reporter oversteps and is then assigned to write an obituary of Mrs Kip. What she finds is an amazing story of an average person.

Bliss on Toast is authored by Prue Leith, one of the judges on Great British Baking Show. The premise of the book is to have a simple but filling and tasty meal just putting stuff on toast. Although toast includes all type of bread, bagels, pita, naan etc. Put what makes you happy on your toast.

Dishes for Two another cookbook but nothing jumped out at me to try.

Modern Bistro same as above, but it is fun look and drool at the pictures.



Not sure I mope about when I finish books, there is always another one to read and then another after that. 

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. A never-ending stream of books to read...isn't it GREAT?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to let you know I have found several new reads from your posts so i check them every week ! The mini reviews in your own words are a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My list of TBR is only about 6 and all sci-fi. I used to read a book per week, but things change.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.