Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

I hope all of you are reading. I am and off to a good start for the month.


The weather has been changing, some days really nice, others very windy and some are good days to stay inside and read. Plus I am trying to keep up with various TV shows that I record so I am not weeks behind. I record many of the shows since then I can fast forward through the commercials and it doesn't take as long to get through an episode. Current watches are the new Shogun adaptation, as well as Feud: Truman Capote and the Swans. 

Enough about TV shows, on to the books!

Murder on the Ile Sordou finds Antoine and Merine on holiday on a small island off the southern coast of France. All is well for a few days, then there is a death. Accident, angry spouse, angry stepson or revenge?

How to Survive Everything is a fictional novel. A father, who is a survivalist, kidnaps his two kids to keep them from a deadly pandemic that is dealier than Covid. How this all works out is the story. I really couldn't get into this and didn't read the entire book.

A Death Long Overdue the previous library director visits and ends up dead. A missing diamond necklace and will Lucy be giving up her apartment in the lighthouse?

Newsroom Confidential is a memoir by journalist Margaret Sullivan who has held top editorial positions at The Buffalo News, served as the first female public editor at The New York Times and as a columnist at The Washington Post. Found the book informative and entertaining. She is now at Columbia University. 





Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. TBT: I've read on chairs, I've read on stairs. I've read on a bus (and seeing someone else do that) it was "us". I've read at lunch, sometimes at brunch. There is not a good not to read. Well, OK, when friends are over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always reading here.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. ducky, thank you for your kindness to me and my family
    and for stopping by to say good bye as I start my
    tenth life in heaven. loves from dai$y 🌸. I’ll make sure mum
    always has good books to read 💖‼️

    ReplyDelete
  4. ducky, thank you for your kindness to me and my family
    and for stopping by to say good bye as I start my
    tenth life in heaven. loves from dai$y 🌸 I will make sure
    mum always has good books to read 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. mum iz reading beach music by pat conroy, and dee mum iz watching truman and dee swans too

    ReplyDelete

  6. Dad says he really likes the escape one above. Lately he's been plowing through books. He says he's found a few gems that suit his tastes for creepy thrillers.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.