Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Spring cannot make up its mind. One day nice, then a cold, icky one. My best shot at seeing the northern lights was stymied by clouds. Had a line of showers go through on the best night. Clouds didn't clear out until well after I was asleep. I didn't want to get out and drive to find a darker spot to possibly watch from. 

Should get going and get my annuals for planting from the garden store. Get them before they get picked over and beat the Memorial Day rush. I think I may just do coleus again this year. Lots of immediate color, no waiting for flowers. 

Theses posts are about a month behind from when I actually read the books. Had a few longer non-fiction books lately, so hopefully my next batch will be lighter and easier reads.  

Hey, I actually remembered in advance to write this! Hurray for me!


The Curse of La Fontaine our two main characters are now married and adjusting to married life. One of their favorite restaurants is closed by the police when a body is found buried near the fountain. The fountain stops running, curse or something else?

Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers I just didn't get into this book at all. Barely started, didn't finish! Can't even tell you the plot!

Death by Beach Read part of the Lighthouse Library mysteries. Lucy and Connor have moved into their rehabbed beach house. All is well until they come home and find a dead body in the kitchen. Doors were locked, so how did they get in? Who done it?

The Mystery of Albert E Finch an installment of the Victorian Book Club Mystery. Lady Amy and Lord William marry and there is a death during their wedding breakfast. Because of the death the police don't want Amy and William to leave town delaying their honeymoon. So the two of them start to investigate so they can get on with their wedding trip. The culprit? Not who I suspected!





Happy Reading.

5 comments:

  1. dood…itz crazed heer two, monday past 80, rite now itz knot
    even 60 ‼️🐟 hope mum findz sum grate flowerz and ewe both
    N joy de week a head. book four soundz prette interestin πŸ’™πŸ˜ΊπŸŸ

    ReplyDelete
  2. When a book doesn't hit me, I stop reading and grab the next; too many books to read that enthrall me!
    If reading made one thin, I'd be a sheet of paper...hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coleus are allus good for fast color So are marigolds. We have cherry tomatoes and big heirlooms TBT needs ta plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading makes you thin? Sign me up please.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the same result for those lights, clouds every single night.

    As for reading, it's a delight.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.