Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

I remembered to write the intro here before this actually posts. Yay for me!

Through the holiday weekend here. It was a rainy and cool weekend so lots of time to read and other good things. Sunday was a day to watch various car races: Formula 1 from Monaco, then Indy 500 and the Coke 600. Weather affected the last two, the first one had a major incident early in the first lap. So everything got stopped to clean the track, no one was hurt. 

Lots of rain here this spring, so lots of mowing of lawn. I can't do "No Mow May", my lawn is too healthy and grows like crazy. Plus I have minimal dandelions in my yard. I also have lots of other flowering plants for the pollinators.  

Lots of severe storms around here too, thankfully not right at my location but my weather radio keeps going off. The state has had 18 confirmed tornadoes this year, normally we get 23 for the entire year! If I don't get much sleep overnight I get a nap during the day.

June and summer starts on Saturday!


The Golden Spoon baking show contest meets murder. Someone has been sabotaging the contestants, one of whom has a secret that will rock one of the hosts.

The Windsors at War cover in detail the relationship between the two brothers who both were king of England. One as Edward VIII and the other as his successor George VI. The title implies that they were at odds with each other and also the British government. The book covers the run up to World War II and ends with it. It does not cover at after. Having done some more reading over the years on the British royal family, I am convinced that they are and have been for decades a dysfunctional family.

The Making of Another Major Motion Picture Masterpiece. Phew, long title, and for me a short read! This is the second book I have tried to read that actor Tom Hanks wrote. Neither of them drew me in, I am not sure why. Should he write any new books I will skip them!

 





 

 

 

 

Happy Reading.

5 comments:

  1. wednezday wavez two ewe dood‼️ de weather heer iz crazed two, 90 last week
    in de 50’s ( low ) thiz. knock wood N tozz salt noe tornadoes in TT. hope in all de flowerz, mum haza wee patch oh nip growin for ewe 🌿 happee week a head 🍀💚‼️🐟😺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have books lined up, like airplanes landing at Atlanta!
    I couldn't get into Tom Hank's book, but I'd enjoyed his short-story book about typewriters.
    If you are interested, read Steve Martin's book, "An Object of Beauty". I don't think I've read any of his other ones...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I tried "No Mow May", the town would have stuck a Work Order on my front door by now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most families are dysfunctional. The British royal family have every aspect of their lives examined in minute detail - which is enough to create dysfunction in it itself!
    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't mind being a bookstore cat, either. The Adam Stanley quote is excellent.

    We've also had storms in our state and if we didn't mow for a month the city-parish government would be fussing at us as well as the neighbors.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.