Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Busy, busy, busy. I feel super behind since I have been off with racy cars as Ducky says. Plus yard work, laundry and other important stuff. Oh, well, life is never boring and always something to do! 

PoppyQ's mum asked about the Marie Benedict book last week. Yes I like her books too and thought this was great. Most of her books are based on true life characters and situations, however things may not have happened exactly how the author puts things. Historical fiction. Another Marie Benedict book this week.


A Fatal Illusion is the latest Lady Darby book. Kiera and husband Sebastian are on their way to assist his father who was attacked by highwaymen. He was shot. Was this a robbery gone wrong or was their more to this attack?

Waste of a Life is a book in the Decluttering series. Ellen is helping out a man who is rather reclusive. When he dies it just seems natural, then the police says he was poisoned. Who done it? Could it have been Ellen?

All the Beauty in the World I would term this as a memoir. Author is in search of a solid job as his brother is diagnosed with a fatal sarcoma. He starts working as a guard at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. A job he keeps for ten years. He related his connections to fellow guards, visitors and even the art itself.

The Mitford Affair, the book centers around three real sisters. Diana, Nancy and Unity Mitford. Diana and Unity are supporters of fascism and of Adolph Hitler and the book covers their lives during the 1930s and 1940s. Nancy never saw the appeal that her sisters did with fascism. The book is written picking selected dates during the time period and telling the story from each sisters view.

Second Acts is about what Presidents do after they leave office. Covers Truman through Clinton and was published in 2006. What they did, the books they wrote etc. I had read another book by this author a few months ago. I think that second book came from research for this one. 

Hmm, I think I am and old lady. I have lots of books, a cat and yarn!

 





So did you guess or figure out what this is? It is a bowl cozy! Something you can put your bowl of foods inside, zap it in the microwave and then not burn your hands getting it out. Better than a regular pot holder.

So many thanks to Cindy! Love ya!



Happy Reading.

4 comments:

  1. dood…ewe N mum will all wayz bee young at heart. πŸ’™‼️ yur gift iz way awesum
    anda grate eye dea az well 😺😺 happee week a head, may bee mum can catch
    sum race car actshun on tee veeπŸŸπŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cozy is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TBT: You mentioned that life is never boring and always something to do! I had to smile in agreement. When I was still working, there were some old guys in the office who refused to retire "because they didn't have anything else to do". I retired the 1st day I was eligible because I had so many things I wanted to do!

    And I am going to buy a M/W bowl cozy. I've been using a M/W plate, but that seems a lot easier to handle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad's a huge fiction fan and can't keep his nose out of a book. He always enjoys these images you post, too. He tries to give novels a chance, even if they don't start off all that great. Just this morning he finally gave up on the one he's been reading after giving it about 200 pages. Always keeps hoping it'll get better.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.