Thursday, November 29, 2018

Throw Back Thursday

All is purrty quiet around here. Mum's foot is still a bit sore, she is doing sitting stuff like her crow-shay and reading. 

Mum paid to get the car all clean again after hauling off all the fall clean up for the plants. Now she says it can get icky with snow and stuff for a few months. 

Today's Throw Back takes us back to Thursday November 26, 2008, afor I landed here, so it was just Derby here at the time. Plus that was Thanksgiving Day that year. Grampie was alive so mum would have spent the day with him and eaten her turkey dinner at his place. 

Thursday November 28, 2008


Happy Thanksgiving everyone. A fun story to relate on our Mericky holiday Thanksgiving. I had e-mailed this out to those of you I have e-mails for, but thought it so good, I needed to share with all.
Recently I received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.
Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.

I tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else I could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, I was fed up and I yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. I shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. So, in desperation, I threw up my hands, grabbed the bird and
put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that I'd hurt the parrot, I quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto my outstretched arms and said: "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

I was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As I was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Day. Mum is not cooking a bird for me or us as it would be, but she did bring home some cooked turkey from the store tonight.

Travel safe, don't drink and drive, try not to overeat too much. Be kind to your relatives, you can get through one day with them and they with you. We all have lots to be thankful for, so just 'Give Thanks'.

5 comments:

  1. A great story and well worth the re-telling.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice, isn't it, to be able to go back hrough time thanks to our blogs?

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great going back and seeing the wonderful memories of posts from the past. We hope your mum's foot is getting better and she's just relaxing. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Have a great rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a fun throwback, Ducky. We wanted to thank you and your mum for your condolences for Caroline. We are very thankful for our friends at times like these.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.