Thursday, October 7, 2021

Thankful Thursday

 Hey everyone. Interesting week. On Tuesday mum popped me into the PTU and off to the stabby place for a check. So we got a reminder call on Monday, said to be there 10-15 minutes early. So mum got us there and then when we got in the girl goes your sort of early. Mum told her that is what the message said. So we went to sit. 

So after we sat another lady came in with her cat. Goodness that cat would not be quiet. I tried to send mind messages for it to shut up. Endless, MOW, MOW, MOW, MOW. Enough already. Thankfully they called mum to bring me into the exam room before either of us went crazy.



 So me sitting in the PTU waiting for Dr Tom. This visit they actually looked me over in the exam room with mum there. He noticed that my eyes are rather dilated. So they he got cute and turned off the room lights and then shone a bright light in my eyes. Many times. Seems since I am getting older and my eyes aren't operating like they should. Doc says I can see normal, just that my eyes are dilated more. Guess it is a part of getting older for me. You can compare how well my eyes used to contract by my header pic and the last pic below. 

So, I gained a few ounces from my episode two weeks ago. Plus they stole my blood and pee. When Dr Tom called yesterday he said what was abnormal then was all back to normal. Mum is happy that things seem to be getting back to normal. She just wants to get a few more ounces on me. So I get lots of gooshy food and mum has been mixing in real chick-hen in each dish. YUM!


 Here are my eyes from 11 years ago shortly after I got here. I was, and still am, a handsome lad!



9 comments:

  1. You sure are, Ducky. And it's wonderful to be getting fresh chick-hen and loads of gooshy foods. Long may it continue.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had such a good report, Ducky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dood....yez ewe iz most handsum.....N we iz glad yur normal iz noe longer ab ....and iz bak ta norm ♥♥♥ and ewe noe; just sayin...but a nice rib eye steak haz mor cal o reez than a bass terd chckn....mite wanna let mum noe that !!! ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news from the Vet Ducky. My eyes are more dilated too, it is an age thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad your bloodwork is back to normal. And you are quite handsome. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you, Ducky. Boodie's eyes were always dilated, but she could see just fine - in fact, she was the only one who liked the red dot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If course you still are a handsome lad, Ducky! We're glad the abnormalities are gone and that you can see fine.

    Purrs,
    Tama and Benny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Handsome lad, indeed! Glad things are getting back to some kind of normal, dear Ducky. Dad thinks it's my hearing that seems to be slipping these days. Ahh, getting older sure is fun, innit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ducky we are all so glad you are getting back to normal. I had a cloudy eye for years and am not sure if they ever dilated but if you can see alright, well, alright. We will keep the purrs going to help you gain weight but we have a feeling the chick-hen will do the trick. Purrs buddy

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.