Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

The Boys is a memoir by Ron and Clint Howard. They were both child actors during the Sixties. Ron of course has gone on to be a director. Clint transitioned into being a character actor as an adult. 

The Other Einstein is a fictionalized story of Albert Einstein and his first wife. The book insinuates that the big physic theories were her idea, not his.

Going There, combo of a memoir and tell all by Katie Couric.

King Richard, not about any British kings but Richard Nixon and Watergate. The book concentrates on the six months or so after the start of his second inauguration in January 1973. During those months it was the beginning of the end of his presidency. I was just the right age to really pay attention to all the hearings. I figured that the potential impeachment of a president wasn't something that happened very often. Little did I know that it would happen at least three more times in my lifetime.

Oh, yeah, I have my starter kit. Actually I probably have the advanced kit! I notice they don't have a nice chair to sit in. I have at least three chairs I use to sit in and read. 


 

Happy Reading.

3 comments:

  1. Same thing with audiobooks; the percentage listened to gets bigger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Coca-Cola and chocolate is missing from that kit methinks!

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark's Mews - TBT has Neil De Grasse Tyson to read and The New Yorker book of cat cartoons to enjoy for this month.

    He likes your way of saying "closer to the end of a book". He always wants to get to the end.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.