Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Early August already. The weather has alternated between hot and humid and nice. Not much rain but we did get more end of last week so the lawn may need to be evened off. 

As of the end of July I have read 100 books or about 14 per month. A decent amount without being overwhelming in terms of time. I can anticipate this fall will still be a higher rate with no new TV shows airing, plus I might check out a few movies to watch. Catch up on those that I have missed since I am not a go to the movie type of person.


It Starts with Us
is actually the second book in a series which I didn't realize. The first book is called It Ends with Us. Umm, I sorta think it should be the other way around. Books is about people with dysfunctional relationships, domestic violence and a bit of new romance. I looked at other books by the author and domestic issues seem to be her thing. I don't think I will read more by this author, not into the domestic violence thing.

Dark Room another thriller from Andrea Kane. A young women discovers that the man who murdered her parents didn't do it. Who did? Another surprise!

Bloomsbury Girls is the second novel by Natalie Jenner who wrote The Jane Austen Society. The author uses one of the characters from the first book, Evie, to bring the story forward by four years. Evie has gotten her degree from Cambridge, one of the first women to do so. But Evie ends up working at a bookstore and has a secret reason for doing do.

Because Our Fathers Lied is a memoir by Craig McNamara, only son and youngest child of Robert McNamara. The elder McNamara was Secretary of Defense under JFK and LBJ and was considered the architect of the Vietnam War. Book goes through their relationship during the war and after.





Happy Reading.

3 comments:

  1. Bloomsbury Girls looks interesting, if I ever catch up on my huge pile of as yet unread books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I know how to party just like that too!

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.