Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Hello. Forgot to do an intro before this posted. Weather has changed from hot and humid to cooler and sunny, minimal humidity. Great weather for anything. Windows wide open.


The Astronaut and the Star is a bit of a romance novel which isn't usually my thing, but this was cute. She is a top notch astronaut at one time thought to be the first woman on the moon, but is now in the dog house due to a PR issue. He is an airhead actor who she is assigned to train so he can star in a movie. Do the sparks fly or is it failure to launch?

Blood Sugar, Ruby is accused of murdering her husband but that isn't true. He died from complications of Type 1 diabetes. There are however three other deaths that she could claim. Will the police be able to pin her down on these deaths?

The Body in Berkeley Square and The Corpses at Waterloo these two books are books three and four in the Mayfair 100 series by Lynn Brittney. My local library system had the first two books but not the next two. So I asked my librarians to see if they could track them down. They did, from a library in northern Wisconsin, about 4 hours away. Books are a special of the books investigative group in London during World War I.

What I though was interesting was that our normal check out period is three weeks but the two that came from the other library I had 5+ weeks!  I actually read these first from the checkouts that day. 

I believe in getting books back as soon as I can. There is always the transit time and that takes these books out of circulation for a longer time. Even within my local system, I read the books from other libraries first. 





1 comment:

  1. We have an interstate library loaning program too.
    Love to see where the books are from; the books travel more than I do!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.