Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

 October and my weather has been more like August. Warm, sunny with the air conditioning kicking on when the house warms up. That will change in the next few days. Time to snuggle up and read more. 

Although reading more right now is a challenge as the baseball playoffs are in swing. My local team is playing. Then of course football. 



Dead Famous I think I thought that this was a novel on which the British TV show was based, it isn't, it is a non-fiction book on celebrity. The author explores celebrity over the years, from the Bronze Age to now. How to get famous and stay famous. Didn't finish.

The Season, the cover seemed familiar and when I went back I found I had already read this back in 2020. I actually had it in a stack of books I posted on the first month I started doing these posts. But at that time I wasn't giving a recap of the book. The author explores the history of debutantes etc. and I did re-read the book.

Pictures at a Revolution shows the transition of the film industry to more biting topics in film. The films, Bonnie and Clyde, Dr Doolittle, The Graduate, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and In the Heat of the Night. All five pictures were nominated for Best Picture and other awards and all of them won at least one Oscar. I may need to re-watch a few of these movies.

I Was Better Last Night a memoir by Harvey Fierstein, gravely voiced actor and writer. Tony Award winning writer of Torch Song Trilogy, La Cage aux Folles, Kinky Boot, performer Hairspray, Fiddler on the Roof and many more. Interesting read.




Happy Reading

3 comments:

  1. Funny how we start reading, and think, "why is this so familiar?"
    I have one book that I cannot remember the name of, that I want to re-read but I cannot find it anywhere! Arghh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Reading to you! Thank you for the well wishes for our sweet Brian.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.