Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Weather did change late last week, even one morning with frost on the house roofs. No frost on the ground. All of my plants are done blooming so they can begin to be cut back. Later this week they are predicting several rainy days, so good reading weather.

Baseball playoffs for the Milwaukee Brewers lasted for two games and they are out. I have watched a bit of some games, mostly the Phillies-Braves games as the play by play announcer Brian Anderson is the Brewers's TV guy (at least when he isn't doing TBS games!)

The racing season is over too, last local event was this past weekend. I didn't go, still being kind to my toes where I had the cysts lasered off. Healing nicely but no need to stress out my feet!

So reading and crochet and some outside work. That will be fine for the next week.


The Nazi Conspiracy
related the plot by the Nazi's to kill Stalin, FDR and Churchill at their Tehran, Iran conference in November 1943. I have read extensively on World War II and don't remember reading about this, or perhaps, since it didn't succeed, it wasn't deemed that important to relate. There are those who claim it was made up by the Soviets to get FDR to stay within their compound, but hard to prove this either way.

Hiss Me Deadly, the latest of the Cat in the Stacks books. Charlie and Diesel have to solve the murder of a musician and attacks on others related to a visit from an old hometown success.




Happy Reading.

2 comments:

  1. Don't know what I'd do without books, that's for sure!
    Thought I'd read some Brad Meltzer, but nothing is checked as 'read' on my Goodreads.
    Will have to try him out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I look forward to going to bed when I know that there's an especially good book waiting for me.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.