Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

 Hello.

The weather decided to be icky again this week. Rain and lots of it, so heavy that there is ponding on the other side of the trail. Snow expected Tuesday into Wednesday. Tuesday was also election day, so I had to go out in the mess, at least briefly. Perfect for being inside and reading the rest of the day.

Plus lots of sports, so time for crochet too. Opening day for the local baseball team, thankfully we have a stadium with a roof. I think I may need to do a separate post just for my blankets once I am done with them for the summer.  

My total of books for the first quarter of the year is just over $1200 dollars. Probably about average for the year so far.


Paws to Remember the latest book of the Magical Cat mystery series. Lucy is helping to pull damaged wall board down and they find a body! Who is she and who killed her?

The Girl Beneath the Sea Sloan is a police officer who specialized in diving to get evidence from bodies of water. Somehow she is thought to be a suspect in a crime. Very much a thriller. This is the first of a series but I don't think I will continue with the series.

A Crack in the Edge of the World is about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake but not only about San Francisco. The author is a geologist and looks at the geology behind earthquakes and how geology affects them. This is a non-fiction books. I've read other books by this author and enjoyed them. My favorite is The Map That Changed the World

I guess I am a quitter. I do use bookmarks, with the exception of shorter books I can't do them in one sitting. I have too many other projects.





I do go to bed a reasonable time. I'm an old lady, I need my sleep. 

Happy Reading.

5 comments:

  1. dood…haz yur mom ever red de joe grey mizz tree seereez ?
    happee wednezday two ewe…gonna snowz heer later on all sew 🙀‼️🐟💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one judges another reader; just do what you want, read what you want, or stop reading if it's not to your liking.
    Folks want to buy books, while I'd rather get them from the library.
    And there are so many good authors, it's like there isn't enough time to read everything that I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use bookmarks. I read a lot but I wouldn't normally set out to read an entire book in one session.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading is such a happy place. Someday I want to retire and stay up and read at night again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Messymimi's happy place comment above hit it on the head, according to dad. We've had tons of rain here lately. You know, dad uses a bookmark because he doesn't like the way some people do the dog-ear thing, plus he'd never remember where he left off.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.