Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

It is June and the weather has gotten warmer, more humid and more rain. So good for being inside, reading and other inside pursuits. 

Bummed that we heard from the library that the librarian who ran the trivia nights is leaving! So no trivia next week. We are going out to dinner instead with a gift card we won a couple of months ago. Hopefully they can find someone to take it over. We had fun doing trivia and were getting really good at it.


Bleeding Heart Yard is an actual place in London, a small secluded spot with restaurants and jewelry stores. The spot is the scene of one of the three deaths in this book. All of them relate to a reunion of old friends who were involved in a death while they were in school. Did any of them have anything a reason to murder or are they just the victims.

The Twyford Code is a book about a puzzle within a puzzle. I found it hard to read. Most of the book text is transcriptions of audio files. But these audio files point to solving the "crime of the century." If you are a word puzzle freak you might like this book better than I did.

George VI and Elizabeth is a book about the marriage of these two, parents of Queen Elizabeth II. While most of it was known, the earlier part of their marriage was new material to me. Along with a more in depth look at his declining health.

Romantic Comedy a cute book based on the following premise. Average men have no issues being with beautiful and successful women. But does the average woman have the same chance with a successful and handsome man? Sally a writer for a show like SNL meets the weekly musical guest who is also the host. Do sparks fly and how long does it last?

 Hmmm, I"m thinking making a fictional character fall in love with me. Which one? I'm not telling!

Made with love, and I am still working on crochet projects. Making hats from all of the leftover bits of yarn from making blankets. I haven't counted how many I have done, but I still have lots of leftover yarn to get through. 





 

Happy Reading. 

8 comments:

  1. wednezday wavez two ewe dood… hope ewe N mum R grate….weather iz funkee heer two, N knot reel lee lookin for werd ta summerz heet ๐Ÿ˜ผhavin a hard time pickin her poison de gurl sayz… all can appliez ta her stash oh bookz ‼️happee week a head ..N help mum with crow shay ๐Ÿ˜บ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "made with love" ... too funny ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm choosing "free books for life" - only took a nano-second to make that decision.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the trivia librarian leaving, I hope someone else decides to pick it up.

    I'm with Megan, free books for life would work for me, the only issue would be finding time to read them all.

    Made with love -- so true. I haven't had a minute to do such crafts in years, but I do remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, too bad about the librarian leaving. Hopefully someone will take over trivia soon. My dad says right about now he's all for the "Live in your favourite fictional world" poison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the "made with cursing, etc..." thought. MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elly Griffith's Ruth Galloway series is one of my all time favorites.
    Janice Hallett's books are incredible; maybe listening to them via audiobook makes the transcriptions seem to smooth into the story, so I recommend a listen.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.