Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

First, stop by on Friday for something special.

Happy Wednesday and I am hoping that I got a decent night of sleep this past night. Too many nights or early mornings with severe storms. Nothing bad happened at my house, just lots of noise to keep awake or wake me up. 

So when I don't get my sleep I fall asleep trying to read. Even books that I am at the critical part of the books. I don't know how people do audiobooks, I would be zoned out big time! When I read, I read. I see people reading while they are working out at the Y on a bike or treadmill, not me!

While I was at the Y working out on Monday they were moving equipment around. What I liked is that there are now four recumbent bikes upstairs instead of just one. They moved things around downstairs but I didn't go down to see what they did, although I could tell they moved the bikes!


The Secrets of the Bastide Blanche is the next Verlaque and Bonnet mystery. Interesting format that one of the main characters relates the story after the fact while Verlaque and Bonnet research it. Is the author Valere Barbier really a good writer or is someone ghosting writing for him?

Personal Effects interesting book. Author has worked in law enforcement, the Army assigned to Mortuary Affairs and finally at Kenyon International Emergency Services. As such he is called to sites like the World Trade Center, Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City after the tragedies there and many other places to recover bodies and personal items from various catestrophic events. Hard work, mentally and physically and he relates on how his work has affected him and his family.

Rogue Justice a thriller, a follow-up book to While Justice Sleeps. The main character Avery Keene becomes involved following up with information on a blackmailed judge, a murdered judge and a plot of some sort that involves the judicial system. 

I have a list of books I want to read, it doesn't get shorter. I got an email from the New York Times about thrillers to read. I haven't researched the books yet but thrillers are one of my go to books. 

Yep, reading keeps me going. Thankfully I have sufficient financial means so I can take time to read. No going off to work at my age. That was my one criteria for my investment guy, I don't want to be the old lady asking if you would like fries with that!



Yes, I have been asked what is my favorite book. I don't have just one. When I get asked about my favorite book I say "The next one".

Stay cool everyone. 

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. When it rains hard (or even thunders) I sleep well. The sound of rain hitting the roof is comforting, and thunder reminds me that I (and The Mews) are safe inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my dad says he needs complete quiet time for his reading, and he's right there with you on the audio books. He tried bringing a book to work once so he could catch up during quiet moments but found he was still thinking about work even when not busy. He wants me to ask if you can email him that list of thrillers since that and horror are his most favorite genres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there’s something about having an actual book in your hands that makes
    reading all that much better. audio are great if you’re taking a road trip
    and don’t want to listen to music, but otherwise, it’s a book..book. ‼️😺🐟

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your answer to the last question.

    And unfortunately, I am the old lady asking if you want fries, or actually scrubbing toilets because it pays a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just finished reading the Senator's Wife as a result of your review some weeks back. Good book. I didn't like the nastiness of the scenario - I was anxious for Sloane! Good ending - didn't see it coming at all.
    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.