Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

 A good batch here, I got through all but one, Battle Royal. Too romance novel like and too drawn out for me. Shorter might have been better. 

Lemon Drop Dead part of the Amish Candy shop mysteries. Mix of Amish characters and others in a small Ohio town. 

The Last Debutantes uses an real person to fictionalize her life. Her is Valerie De Vere Cole, niece of the then British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain. Some of the characters are real but are in minor roles. Including the girl who married Bruce Shand and gave birth to Camilla, now Duchess of Cornwall.

Shot Caller is the third installment of a series based on NYPD characters. In this case they are brought in to help out with a prison takeover. 

Fuzz another cute Mary Roach book. Subtitle is When Nature Breaks the Law! 

The Guest List, took me a while to get into the story. It is told from multiple people's angles, so each chapter presents a different point of view and how they are involved in the story.  




 

2 comments:

  1. I read The Guest List earlier this year, and recently finished The Paris Apartment by the same author. Excellent writing, with twisty-turny plots. I'll read more by her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my luck, I would not have my reading glasses. ~ Mark

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.