Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

 This was my first check out of the year. Yeah, only 5 books!

Verse and Vengeance, the fourth book in the Magical Bookshop mysteries. Our heroine fesses up to her chief of police boyfriend about her bookshop and the magic it contains.

Run For Your Life is a stand alone book by Andrea Kane. I like her series of Forensic Instinct books, so I thought I would try one of her other books. I was a bit put off when I saw the Romance sticker on the spine. Truth is I would not consider this a romance novel. Thriller, suspense, with sex is a better description. One sister searching for another in a private medical clinic, lots of family secrets!

Number One Chinese Restaurant is a story of a family and their restaurant along with a large cast of additional characters.

Off the Edge is a look at those who believe in conspiracy theories, from a flat earth to election deniers, those who will believe in most anything, regardless of proof. Think Donald Trump and Alex Jones.

The Trials of Harry S Truman is a book primarily about what he went through during his years as president. It does also give a short recap of this life before and after his presidency. Interesting as I had not read much in regards to Truman prior to this. I had done some reading in regards to the Korean War and his dealings with MacArthur.



 Stage 6, not that I never had a stage of no books, but did have a period where I didn't read as much. Too busy with working and living life to read as much. I also haven't been a hoarder!

Happy Reading. 

5 comments:

  1. I love books!
    I love libraries!
    I love authors!
    I love other readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some interesting books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been through periods where i didn't read as many books, but I'm baaaaaack! I don't hoard books because I'm a library user not a book purchaser.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. dood guezz R commintz R goin two cyber space again
    ????? am\if ewe can seez thiz

    we bee on free wi fi two day !!!

    sew stoppin bye with paste N coppee

    with easturr greetinz and NOE BURD

    happee fun day hippee hoppee :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter from all of us at Brian’s Home!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.