Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

First, Happy Library Week! I've been a library patron for most of my life and know that my life is better for having a wonderful library in my community. I served as a member of the strategic planning committee in 2007-2008, then was a library trustee for 10 years from 2009-2019. I term limited myself, I figured 10 years was enough, time to give others a say. 

An evening pick up of books, due to the fact I was at the library for Trivia Night! Books checked out, the DVD on top I won. How did I win? I identified a song based on the first two seconds of a song. It happened that I was thinking of the song that could be identified like that. The song, A Hard Day's Night by the Beatles. That first chord is iconic!


Claws for Suspicion as I started in on this book is seemed so familiar, yep I had read it last year. A duplicate I didn't catch on my list.

Long Overdue at the Lakeside Library an ice fisherman is found dead in his shanty during a fishing jamboree. Was he killed by a fellow fisherman or someone else?

The Clutter Corpse is a newer series from author Simon Brett. I liked his Mrs Pargeter series. In this one the main character is a person who helps people clear up messy houses. In one place she was hired she finds a body. Lots of interesting and weird twists to the story.

Island of Sweet Pies and Soldiers story set in Hawaii in 1944. I tried twice to get into this story but didn't, so won't be reading the rest of the series.

This Side of Murder is a newer series by author Anna Lee Huber who also has the Lady Darby series. Story is set in the immediate post World War One time frame. Our heroine, Verity Kent, is invited to an engagement party of someone who had served with her late husband in the war. Then some of the people at the party are being killed. Why?

When She Was Good is the second Cyrus Haven book, first was Good Girl, Bad Girl. A thriller and a page turner, we begin to find out more on Evie and what happened to her.

The Messenger is a book written by a Wall Street Journal reporter on Moderna. How the company was founded, their journey using messenger RNA to make their Covid vaccine. How mRNA works etc. Gave a good deal of information on how they worked through things, the various phases of the clinical trials.

Truly, Madly a book on the relationship of Vivian Leigh and Laurence Olivier. It gives you info on their early lives, but concentrates on the years they were together.

 



 Happy Reading.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, for a second I was off in Jeremy Brett-land, but the author is Simon!
    Will add to my tbr list, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of today's list sounds familiar. I have a hospital stay coming on and am looking forward to doing some reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad says he can hear that first chord strike as plain as day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dood !!

    stoppin bye witha SUN day HI

    N sneekin round on free WI FI

    long with uz iz copee & paste

    fish on de grillz reddy two baste ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good ear! Congrats.
    I think I'd like to read When She Was Good. Thanks for the recap

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.