Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

 Happy November! 

Trick or treat here yesterday was cold and a bit snowy. The usual amount of kids is 20-25 but I think I had at best 18. Also a late arriving start, about 20 minutes after the official start at 5:30. Probably because the weather was bad and parents didn't get home from work as early. I didn't sit outside to distribute candy, I stayed inside and just answered the door. No need to get cold, although the heavy snow showers had stopped. 

I had lots of salt water taffy and got rid of 80% of it. One kid even said "cool taffy" when they saw what I was handing out. Something other than chocolate or candy bars. Most kids had full bags, except for the ones who were using pillow cases!

A Chateau Under Siege is the latest Bruno, Chief of Police book. During a historical re-enactment the main character is injured but then seems to disappear. His family doesn't seem to be too worried, but there are some underlying threats. Can Bruno figure them out before anything further happens? Book was just released, so another 12-18 months before the next installment!

The London Seance Society in Victorian London this secret men only society seems to not be totally on the up and up. Conducting seances to contact the dead, but then two female spiritualist are seeking out the truth, sometimes at their own peril.



 
 


I reorganized my yarn stash and then promptly ordered more! I have empty shelf space! Plus the first two new blankets of the season.
 
Happy Reading and crafting too!

6 comments:

  1. We didn't have a single visitor for Halloween. We are happy. TBT would have liked to see some costumed kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's some yarn collection!
    The library is where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of your stash. And yep, I can see empty shelf space, so you definitely needed to order more.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I've just ordered the Sarah Penner and her earlier novel (not a series, I gather?) from my local library. Thank you for the review.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogoversary, Ducky and mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happee blog annie fur sarrie buddy! hope mum buyz ewe sum steak and shrimpz
    two sell a brate 💙🐟‼️🍀

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.