Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Been an interesting last week. Our winter up through early last week had minimal snow and we had no snow on the ground on Monday. Starting on Tuesday we had snow, again on Wednesday night and again all day Friday into Saturday. 

Enough already. I would rather have had a dozen snowfalls of 2-3 inches over the past 6 weeks than this! My little community got 14.5 inches 




So I spent lots of time dealing with snow and not reading a great deal. Even the library closed on Friday and Saturday. Now it is super cold so can stay inside and read! I thought I would have time to read with the snow but spent too much time dealing with it!


Don Rickles: The Merchant of Venom a biography of the late comic who was called "Mr Warmth" by Johnny Carson. He trained as a serious actor and did acting roles, but is remembered more for his comic work.

Rules of Engagement I took this with me when I was in the hospital, didn't get into it at all. Realized it was more as a romance book which I am not into.

The Light We Carry from Michelle Obama on our ability to survive in an uncertain world.




Happy Reading

6 comments:

  1. We were glad to get "only" 2"... Neither we or TBT think snow is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me a large poster-sized print of that last one! LOL

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Boy! That sounds like a LOT of snow. Over here, we panic if we get 2-3 inches!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  4. My TBR pile just keeps growing, and I'm reading as fast as I can!
    My constant conversation:
    read the next book in the series
    read the books on my nightstand
    read the new book out that everyone is talking about
    read the book club book
    read an old favorite as a comfort read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dood….thatz waaaaaaaaaay two much snowz…πŸ₯ΆπŸ™€ we got ice and we due
    knot like it either. tell mum ta bee safe out ther, N we due hope her at leest
    haz canned goodz on hand, if knot bookz 😺🐟‼️πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, we got some snow here, but my goodness- not THAT much. I'm hearing all about the snow we did get and how more's coming. I'm also hearing about how much dad's regretting this last move because (partially) of the snow and cold. Stay warm out there!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.