Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Good news is that the possible snow Sunday night into Monday AM went north of me. So I woke up to bare ground. Tuesday while I was out you can tell the willow trees are starting to green up. 

 On to more books. Started the Maggie Hope series with Mr. Churchill's Secretary. The biography of Jimmy Carter was also interesting.

 

Who Gets In and Why, is a book about college admissions. I never knew how crazy it is now for kids to get into school. I'm so old I don't think any of this was in place back when I was the age for getting into college. 

A bunch of non-fiction in the pile below. How to Avoid a Climate Disaster, American Crisis, Uncertain Justice and Gentle on My Mind.  All were good and the fiction was all good too.

Cat looks very much like Ducky!


6 comments:

  1. That's quite a stack of books. We would like to get the ones that cat is looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book selection today does not contain any that I have read or on my tbr list.
    Yesterday was National Library Worker's Day, which I didn't find out about until today...do'h!
    Libraries are now offering sewing classes, lectures from authors, how to write your resume, and so much more than books; they are a cultural center for their communities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat checking out the books does look a lot like Ducky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Less or no snow is a good thing! Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cat!

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm struggling to get through my books at the mom, so am enjoying seeing your selections.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.