Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

One of my favorite authors shows up here, Jennifer Robson Our Darkest Night. Her books are historical fiction and based mostly in World War II. I think my favorite by her is The Gown.

Eastside Cats mentioned in a comment last week about getting book series books in the correct order. I use the following website.  

https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/ 

So if I find a new author or book I am not sure is part of a series I will go look it up. So if it is a series I can find all of the books and start with the first one. Then decide if I like it enough to continue with the series. 

 The Caves of Perigord is almost a prequel to the Bruno, Chief of Police series. The book Between Two Kingdoms by Suleika Jaouad is a memoir of her cancer battle. She was diagnosed with leukemia at age 22 (now 33). She just recently married Jon Batiste, the musician. They have been together for some times and she mentions him in the book, but not by name.

 I finally got my one small outside chore done. Cleaning a pile of leaves from in back of the AC unit. They blew in over the winter and get blocked because the grill sits here over the winter. The leaves were over the tubing. Less than an hour to pull the leaves out, haul them to the compost area, go through the car wash and vacuum the car out. It didn't take long but it has either been raining or too windy to do this.


 Still some outside stuff to do, but it means cutting back woody plants and piling up the stuff for the brush pickup in a few weeks. Things I can do when I have time without much fuss and I don't have to worry about hauling the stuff away. 

I finished my 74th book yesterday. Looked at last year and didn't hit that milestone until June. So I am way ahead of last year!

Happy reading everyone. 

4 comments:

  1. Just finished "The Paris Apartment" by Lucy Foley, and am currently listening to the audiobook of "Letters from Paris" by Juliet Blackwell. However, my current favorite book that takes place in Paris is "The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue" by V.E. Schwab...I highly recommend it, as well as "The Paris Apartment" if you like mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure find lots of good books! I don't think I've read 74 books ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, another fine collection of good reads. Dad will be hitting the library again this weekend for another stash for both of them, including a puzzle or two. Happy weekend, you big gorgeous gingery mancat.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.