Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Blog Update: I have had several people contact me to let me know they were having issues leaving comments. I wasn't aware that I had changed anything, so maybe Blogger changed?

Anyway, I have changed my setting from needing to sign in with a Google/Blogger access to anyone, including anonymous comments. If you have to leave an anonymous comment would you at least leave your first name so I know who you are?

Also, all comments are now moderated, since anyone can leave a comment, I don't want any weird, obscene, racist, etc. type of comments on the blog. I was informed that the blog doesn't say that comments are moderated. Sigh, technology, so great when it works. 

 So on to books.

Early May check outs. These first books I went in the evening to get them and was helped by one of the teen pages. When I got home the email from the library said only 2 of the 9 books had actually been checked out to me. I called and talked to one of the regular staff. She took my info and the next morning the circulation manager called and said they had checked the rest of the books to me and was looking into the fact that the bar code reader at the one station wasn't working correctly. 

It took a bit to get into the book, but Songs in Ursa Major was good. Story of two young people in the music business in the late 1960's.

The top book is Claws for Alarm by Cate Conte. No Place for A Lady was the first clunker from author Gill Paul, otherwise I have liked her books. Didn't get into Blowout by Rachel Maddow either.


 

Says the woman who has a reading list that is nine pages long!


 

7 comments:

  1. Blogger seems to do all sorts of weird things lately. The most annoying I have found is sending some comments to spam without notifying me. If someone has taken the time to comment it is not right for them that it is hidden away. I wish they would fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story: I made a reminder on my work calendar to start a re-read of a book series, since the author is releasing a new book soon.
    However, I mistakenly put the reminder on my supervisor's calendar! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger has been doing some weird things wif comments lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had issues on our blog too. Lots of comments have gone into spam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark's Mews - We have been having troubles commenting here and when visiting. It comes and goes (mostly goes). So we suspect it is more of an app problem than with all of us individually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark's Mews - Also meant to mention that we checked our spam folder yesserday. There were lots of spam (and we deleted them), but none from our friends. That was a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do actually worry a little about running out of books to read - by which I mean the specific type of novels that I like to read. Perhaps writers will stop writing them? Perhaps publishers will stop publishing them? Perhaps my local library will stop buying them?
    So far so good (and I'm 62 years old!) ... but I do still worry just a bit. LOL

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.