Monday, May 15, 2023

Mini-ManCat Monday

Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.

HA! I'll show mum today and wake her up early. Heck she got up really early on Friday morning. It was still way dark and then she left me for ages and ages! Something like 60 hours in a row!

Not to worry, Auntie Kellie came over to give me love and make sure I was all fed. She even took a couple of selfies with me!



 Mum got back on Sunday night, she was off chasing tulips. Lots and lots of tulips in the mitten state. Here are just a few of the rows upon rows of flowers, some of the ones mum liked best. She might order some to plant in our yard.


The number identifies the tulip to order.


Plus she got to see lots of these things. Mum says they are windmills. 




This one is the real thing. It got brought over from Holland to Holland and it still is used for milling grain. They did make one change, the area on the bottom is brick to keep the windmill from rotting since the place where it is is wet. 

Anyway, super happy mum is home. I sat on her and purred lots when she got here. 

Have a happy week.


 

5 comments:

  1. The photos of the tulips are lovely. I didn't know there was a Holland in the US.
    Those are nice selfies with your Auntie Kellie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your auntie Kellie sounds really nice, Ducky!

    Beautiful tulips!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Looks very much like the Kurkenhof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, it's been ages since I visited Holland during the Tulip Festival!
    The weather looks a bit grey and damp, but I'm betting your meowmy thought about buying a pair of wooden shoes, at least for a split second, Ducky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ducky. Ooo, I like #5010 too. Your Mum has excellent taste!
    Michelle in Wellington, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.