Saturday, November 9, 2019

Caturday

HiYa Ducky here. Phew, I have my paws full these days. Keeping an eye on mum, making sure she doesn't try to do too much. Don't worry, if she is sleeping or sitting things are ok, it is when she moves that I gets worried.

Now I don't want to scare you kits or your humans, so I will only show three pics of mum. The first is one of her x-rays and she circled where the break is.

 She had it raised up to the ceiling and here you can see all of the bruising, what funky colors!
 Same day, these were from Thursday, with it resting on top of the blankies, yep, still swollen too.
 So I did the laying on of the paw, hoping to transfer some healing kitty goodness to her. Last night after she fell asleep I carefully went on top of the blankie and laid next to the ankle. When she woke up to use the litter box she had to move me too before she could move!
Mum was happy I was purring by the break. She said the ortho guy hadn't heard about the healing power of kitty purrs. Mum informed him of this, he said good, but don't let me jump on it! Hey buddy, I won't do anything to hurt my mum.

So mum is up and sort of dressed. She says she needs to wash her hair, plus it is the first weekend of Project Feeder Watch, so we will be counting birdies.

Happy Weekend, be safe.

13 comments:

  1. Poor Mom, we're all sending purrs and you're a darn good nurse Ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That foot sure is getting colorful! You are doing such a great job of taking care of your mum, Ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! Poor mom! Hope she gets all mended soon! Keep up the good work with the purring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the purr therapy, Ducky and help your mum heal. At least she has a boot and not a cast. The first time I broke an ankle, when they took the cast off I had one skinny and very hairy leg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bruises - wowza! Keep up your excellent purr therapy Ducky.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch that looks sore. Glad to see that you are helping your mom out and keeping her nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OUCHIE, OUCHIE, OUCHIE! Keep up the warmth healing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are taking good care of your human, Ducky - she definitely needs those purrs right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my - that must be ever so hurty and I know that you lying by the injury and purring as much as you can is providing a lot of healing - I'm sure your Mum will be out and about sooner than if she didn't have YOU watching out for her!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch! Ducky, your mum is lucky to have you give her power of the purr! Take care, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Ducky ! That looks awful hurty ! We know kitty prayers can help with healing. Our huMom broke her kneecap a few years ago and was in a cast - Since your Mom doesn't have a cast maybe she won't have tp wear a garbage bag cinched up to keep her cast dry ! W@e are sending purrayers and POTP !

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hand swelled up like that too, Ducky, when I broke it over a year ago! The skin turns such interesting colors! My knee hurt more than my broken fingers, however, and the rash on my chin was more embarrassing. Luckily, I didn't break my glasses. You keep up with the nursing duties, Ducky...and tell you mom to find another doc, one that KNOWS that cats are DA BOMB!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.