Friday, April 20, 2007

Fang Shui Friday

Sitting on the edge of the bathtub while it's filling can help you absorb water energy which aids tranquility.

Use caution - falling in creates a highly negative kind of ch'i.

From Fang Shui by Catfucious, Peter Pauper Press, 2002.

Mum doesn't really fill up the tub hockey rink, she uses the hot rain attachment to stand under. Plus she closes the door while the rain is coming down. But as soon as she is finished, I get my little paw inside the door and start to push it open. Then I check out the water on mum's leg, licking it off. Then mum leaves me alone to drink more of the water.

About mum's leg the other night. I am just playing pounce and I just get carried away sometimes. I am just be me, Mr Derby Sassycat. Nothing is wrong with my diet or love life or anything else. I am just a young and energetic mancat who needs to play and play hard. Sometimes I get mum a little too hard, but yes she still loves me.

But I did make it up to her. As she got dressed yesterday morning I jumped on the bed and rubbed my nice soft fur against the bare skin of her back. I purred and I got lots of extra hugs and scrithces. So all is well in my life.

Still pink for Lilly Lu. Updates at MuShue's blog. But I decided to go even pinker, we mancats can do pink too you know.

19 comments:

  1. The pink is very mancatly of you Derby! Thanks for the comment for Lilly Lu!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink looks great Derby! Mancats can definitely do pink.

    You look very cute in the bathtub! My humans will occasionally fill the tub with water, although usually they use the rain attachment thing. When they fill the tub, I don't like to jump up on the side, but I do place my front paws up on the rim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very good Feng Shui advice and good to know that you're giving your mum plenty of manly-cat love. Purr FAZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, falling in the water can definitely put a kink in your ch'i. We've had a few poodins fall in, then they go flying out of the tub like, well, we don't know what. And then they lick and lick and lick until they're all dry!

    Pink is a good color for your blog.

    Luf, Us

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of energetic, manly fang shui at your place! your pink is EXCELLENT.

    i knew your mom would love all over you if she got the chance. i bet your fur on her back felt great.

    happy weekend...

    --suz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a tub cat, too. Except, I like when Mommy takes a bath. Then I try to lean in as far as I can withour taking my back paws off the floor. If she doesn't fill the tub high enough, yeah right, then I'll sit on the rim and lean waaaaayyyyy over. I've never fallen in though, well maybe once.

    A Mancat who's comfotable in his own skin, chics dig that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we sits next to the tub hockey rink and watch mommy splash around - she plays "where's the foot" or "where's the fingers" unner the bubbles. we know it's silly, but it gets us bof going all the time - we has to slap away the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Georgia loved the tub and to lick from Momma's arm when she was in the tub. I'm not too thrilled. Of course, when I go close to the shower thing, the woman thinks I want in and opens the door a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Derby...

    Yes, humans make a big deal of it if you bite them a little too enthusiastically. Go figure. And then they complain when we won't let them cut our nails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very nice of you to take time out of your busy schedule to help your Mum shower. And, I've learned also that you can do PINK and still be manly!

    George

    ReplyDelete
  11. Derby, you look adorable in the tub. My Kellie loves to play in the tub, even while I'm in the bath she frolics along the edge, swatting at the bubbles and my toes. She always gets her tail wet, and there has been a couple of occasions where she has slipped in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Derby, I am glad you made it up to your mum for the little accident the other day. I have noticed that scratches heal right away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I do that too! I love freshly showered leg water.

    Pink purrs for Lilly Lu.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My brother Rudy will jump right in when Mommy is under the rain thingy, he likes the mist (he stays way to the back of the tub! The water on the legs lick is one of his favorite things! I think he's silly! My sister fell in the tub once, she wasn't too happy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tubs are fun. Sometimes I sneak up on the bubbles and water and help mom with the jacuzzzzzzzi, that she really wants:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your pink blog, Derby. You put up a really good Fang Shui post. I'm glad you enjoy your Mom's showers so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha! That 3rd pikshur is soooo farnee! I also like licking drops off my Mom and Dad's hands and legs. And I know they like me doing it too.

    ~Bombay

    ReplyDelete
  18. Derby ... you are a hottie, even in Pink!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.