Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday AM

Well I tried to let mum sleep a little later today. She was getting all crabilated with not enough sleep, thanks to me she says, plus with her ear being all wonky and such. So I didn't wake her up until 6 AM instead of 4 AM like the last few mornings.

She always wakes up when I jump on the table to check out the little lamp and try to push it over. I don't know why that little bit of noise should wake her up, but it does. Then she says, "Get down Derby". If I don't jump down immediately, then she gets out of bed, picks me up and takes me back to bed with her. I don't like that! I don't want to be snuggled except when I choose to be snuggled.

Mum was nice to me and let me have a few licks on her ice cream thingy. She eats the chocolate off, then lets me have some of the white stuff. Yeah, for that I gave you two extra hours of sleep.

Not sure what the weekend program will be here. Probably the usual with the sucking monster, the washy machine going and all. I know what is on my list, lick, rub, repeat.
Plus a few naps and all. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

18 comments:

  1. Derby -

    You are adorable when you are bathing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tired to wake the beans up this morning but they ignored our scratching at the door. Bad beans. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look, mommy!! He gets the white ice cream stuff!! Why don't you feed me like that, hmm??

    I guess that was worth lettin' your mom sleep in for two extra hours! Me 'n Macy like to jump on our mommy in the mornings, drink from her water glass, knock stuff off the bedside tables, etc. More power to ya when it comes to waking up the mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mommie sometimes lets me lick her ice-cream cone, too. Well, she does not like it, but I can be very persistent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures of you, Derby. That sounds about like our weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Derby,
    How lucky you are to get some ice cream. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you are really enjoying the ice cream. We don't get ice cream because Mom doesn't eat it very often.

    Thank you for stopping by our party last night. We hope your mom is feeling a bit better.

    Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ice cream looks so delicious. We have to show your picture to our mom, so she will feel guilty and give us some IC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are a lot of naps going on here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that vanilla ice cream good! Yep, I think it's worth a little extra snooze in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you got creamy white stuff right from the cone! I'm so impressed. If I'm lucky, Steve will let me lick the spoon when he's finished with his creamy white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Derby,
    SO nice to meet you! Yes indeed, all intruder cats shall be repelled quickly! And I am going to do a full investigation of where it came from.

    Then I, too, have important washing to do.
    Purrs,
    Tabby Normal

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope you hadded a great weekend Derby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, when I clean myself like that my beans think it means something. One thinks it means the fish will be biting while the other says no, it means we're going to have company. Then they start arguing about it. What they don't know is that it REALLY means I'm just cleaning up!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never had ice cream....is it good? You look good washing yourself. I believe in cleanliness too!
    --JB

    ReplyDelete
  16. We had a lot of naps around my house today also. The ice cream looks delicious and how lucky you are that your mom lets you have some.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We hope you had a fun weekend!

    We figure the Russell bird is a pigeon (he is unusually fluffy in the picture). What's odd is while we get three kinds of doves, we don't get pigeons, so we're wondering where he came from. Unless he really is looking for my bro or something.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.