Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shut In or Shut Out?

OK, this is not the first time, but mum needs to be more careful. I, Derby the SassyCat, am not amused at all. 

Monday, mum heads for the sleepy spot, opens the closet and hangs up her floofy, warm robe and crawls in the sleepy spot and covers up. Ducky visits and she says good night, but she doesn't wonder why I didn't show up to say good night?

Wonder why?

Yep, she shut me in the closet! She didn't come and look for me. Usually if I don't show for the good night, she finds me. She didn't! Guess she didn't want to get her lazy self out of bed when it was a cold night.

So in the morning, I have been playing with a lamp on the table in the room. Her wake up call as it were at zero dark thirty. Here I am at a previous time checking out the lamp.
So she hears noise and I hear "Derby, get down". Well, I wasn't up on anything to get down off of. Finally her brain engages enough to realize the rattling is not me and the lamp, but the closet door.

So she rolls out of bed, expecting to see me on the outside of the door. Nope. So she cracks the door open and out I come. About time lady!

I headed off to the litter box and then got an early snack of crunchies. Don't let this happen again or you may find a few, ahem, prezzies on the closet floor.

17 comments:

  1. dood...a FEW crunchies....for this INsult yur mom better be givin up several BAGS oh crunchies; a dozen ore sew new toys, yur fav rite food...we bee thinkin 893 cans AND a free pass on ANY THING ewe due.....bad..... ?? !!!! this entire yeer....

    yea.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily we can open our bedroom closet door - but then, when we get shut in there (rarely), we usually enjoy the peace for a good, long while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sometimes get stuck in the closets too, but we always find a spot and curl up for awhile=now Mommy always makes sure we are around before bed or before she leaves the house, so we aren't in jail too long...Hope you have a better day, handsome boy!...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Derby, I so feel your pain! That has happened to me a few times too. Good way to get extra attention, kisses and treats.

    Minchie

    ReplyDelete
  5. snicker.....

    Mom has left Mo in her bedroom a few times when she goes to work. Mostly accidental, but sometimes he refuses to come out when she is ready to go and she says "fine be that way".... glad you made it out OK!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Derby, I have been shut in several places several times. Why don't they learn to always double check BEFORE they close a
    door-PFFFTTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awful! The worst that #1 has done to us is shut us in the narrow space between the wooden shutter and the glass/wood front door. The last victim was Sei-Chan a few days ago. She realised what she had done when Sei-Chan didn't show up for late-night treat time, and she went looking...

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Derby! You need lots of treats to make up for that. We have never been shut in a closet, but if mum or dad go in the garage or hay barn, we sneak in quick. Sometimes they don't see us go in and we get shut in until they notice us missing and come looking for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Derby, that is just awful. My mom has done that a few times with my sisters. Luckily I'm not attracted to closets or she'd probably do that to me! Milk it, is what I say!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your Mum is not losing some brain power the way I think our Dad is. The night time routine is closing Audrey int he kitchen with HER food, and putting MY food in the powder room with the door open. Some mornings Mom finds that Dad put my food in the powder room and then CLOSED the door! Not as bad as closing a kitty in the closet, but a bit weird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, good thing you were able to hold it all night long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh how shocking! you need treats to recover. ANd so do we!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aiiiieee!! Unconscionable (VBP)human behavior!!! You could have like, well, ya know...like...well...ummmm...ok...so how bad could this have really been??? just wonderin'...paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Derby! That was totally unacceptable of your mum to lock you in the closet! She owes you lots and lots of treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you were very self controlled not to leave a deposit or two this time, Derby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMC, what a way to spend the night! We luckily have closet doors that are hinged in the middle, so we can (and do) open them ourselves. The closet in the spare room is barred shut, and Pierre spent a whole day there once. He got extra crunches, too!

    Thank you for the comments on our blog about our loss of Cousin Nellie. The cat blogosphere has been so kind and touching while we have been sad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We think the time has arrived to not put up with that anymore Derbs.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.