Friday, August 24, 2007

Fang Shui Friday

Catching birds is good ch'i. However, if the energy you expend hunting is greater than the energy received from eating the bird, it is best avoided. For this reason, do NOT hunt hummingbirds.

From Fang Shui by Catfucious, Peter Pauper Press, 2002.

I think this is very wise advise. Those little hummers fly so fast mum can hardly even catch them with her camera. She hasn't gotten any new pictures of the hummers since a few weeks ago. But I am not allowed outside, so I don't think I will be catching any birdies to eat.

No update on the broken puter. Mum will call this weekend, but most likely it won't be fixed or work well. So probably not worth the effort to get it all set up again. So we wait for the new one to get here.

So I am missing all of you. Mum does try to give me a few mintues to read some of the blogs, but not really enough time to comment. Plus we are trying NOT to use her work puter for much of non-work stuff. Her employer can get picky about that.
No we haven't been rained out, no one name Noah is in the neighborhood building a boat. Mum has added up all the number from the rain thing and it is nearly 9 inches. Basement is dry, the grass is soggy.


Me and a flower, a rose! Hang in their gang I will be back!

16 comments:

  1. Derby, I am glad you are staying dry! We are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those hummingbirds are fast and tiny! We also don't go out, so we won't be tryin' to catch any birdies either, but that's good advice!

    We're glad your basement is dry, ours has gotten wet before (not recently, though) and it doesn't make the beans very happy! We miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continue to stay dry Derby! Don't flood away and we'll be waiting with you for that new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen those little humming birds but I've heard about them. I guess we don't get there here in England. FAZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does it matter that you can't catch the hummingbirds even if you try?

    Skeeter and LC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope to see you back weawwy soon!
    I had twouble with mine puter too, but mine Mummy fixed it up. I know how it feels when we don't get to bwog or visit our fwiends' bwogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep on staying dry!

    Mom loves those little hummingbirds; she always thinks it's a gift when she sees one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You love your cat and like to keep your best friend happy? A cat hammock would make a perfect for your feline companion.
    www.kittycatjoy.com has useful information to help you select the perfect cat hammock

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you haven't had to take up swimming lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, a hummingbird. Sounds interesting, but I haven't seen any of them around here. I am glad your house is dry. And sorry to hear about your broken 'puter. I know all about how miserable THAT can be, since Mom had to rebuild ours last week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Derby, I am glad you are staying dry. I can't wait till you get your new 'puter so you can start blogging more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's best not to go after those little hummers. Have you noticed the beak on those things?!? Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hummingbirds are always scampering away from us...Meoweow...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad everything's okay.Stay dry and hurry back :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.