Monday, August 31, 2020

Mini-ManCat Monday

Oh heaven will not ever Heaven be, Unless my cats are there to welcome me. - Author Unknown, Epitaph in a pet cemetary

Yep and we will wait for you at The Rainbow Bridge until you catch up to us since we usually go first.

We had a marvy weekend. The weather cooperated and we had lots of sunshine, nice cooler temps, no humids. Which means mum could open the windows open wide for the whole day. Plus none of the fans were going either! Nice. 

The nice brought out mum's cleaning streak. Part of it she noticed I hacked up a hairball and hit my little cat cup. So she decided she better clean it up for me so I wasn't sleeping it the icky spots. She even set it outside for a while to help it dry!

 So while my beddie dried I did my snoozing on the tower and I made sure I sat in mum's lap as much as possible as well. If my nice heated cup wasn't available I would steal her warms while I waited for my bed to return. As of right now the bed is back but I haven't used it yet. I did sniff at it.



Two more hats mum finished up with that neato yarn. The one on the right is a kids hat and mum ran out of yarn, but used what was left from the blankie to finish it off to get the right size. 


Spitty wanted to know if I was actually guarding the yarns or waiting to play with it. Well, when you have these lumpy things that mum calls skeins, they aren't that good for playing with. Although she was getting it into a ball shape that would be good to play with. 


That is OK, there is a bag of all sorts of little balls of yarns to play with. Mum will take all of these odds and ends and make kids hats since they usually like funky combos of colors. 


Trust me, mum has gotten up some mornings and had to pick up lots of little yarn trails over the house. She thought she had pics of this but couldn't find them. Too many pics to look through. 

Everyone have a wonderful week. 

Stay safe, stay healthy, please wear a mask. 

10 comments:

  1. Boy, Ducky, you have TOTALLY got her under your paw! That is a most excellent situation for any kitty. You got real lucky with your Human. Mine is a little defective I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had rain most of the weekend which was a good thing. It' sunny today, though!

    That's a really nice photo of you on the lovely blankie, Ducky!

    Purrs,
    Tama and Genji

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bowie has been playing wif yarn balls lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were really pretty busy supervising you Mom but you did sneak in a little yarn time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ducky, we humans will never figure out why cats will barf on anything!
    Chuck once did it down the cold air register...ewww, gross! And not easy to clean up, mind you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you got good weather and open windows. We are getting sunnier weather too, but the northerly wind makes it cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dood....we hada grate open windowz day two...fall canna bee two far bee hind we iz thinkin....mum did a grate job on de hatz....and yur blankit total lee rox !!! :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get your blog a day late in email Ducky, so I hope you are having a great Ginger Cat Day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ducky! We heard it was Ginger Boy day, so we came to say we appreciate you! You are a fine ManCat Ducky and we think you make your mom very happy =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Sometimes when the Humans are finished with our stuff, it doesn't exactly smell right for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.