Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dungeon 'Sploring

Since I have the run of the house, I can go wherever I like. So at times I go down to the dungeon and check things out. Lots of interesting smells, even old smells of mousies. But I have managed to get myself up on top of the heaty ducts and beam down there. Mum has seen me up there but never managed to get a picture, until now. She was sneaky and took the little flashy box with her when she wented down to work on the laundry today.

Sitting on the heaty duct is warm when the house is warm, so it can be rather cozy sitting up there. It is a bit dusty, so sometimes I come up from the dungeon with spidey webs and such on my face. Mum helps me get the gunky things off my whiskers and ears.

What is nice is that she doesn't get mad that I am up her. Sort of like she expects me to check everything out that I can. Smart mum.

Also, as of late yesterday afternoon, all of our snow in our yard is gone. Plus we have lots of sunshine and nearly 50 degrees in temps(that 10 C for my Brit gang). Mum sees lots more of the tulips and daffs starting to come out of the ground, but no flowers yet.

Plus we have a new group of cats, The Coats of Many Colors,
A Social Group for Bi-color, Tri-color & Solid Coated Cats. Our founder, George of Crew's Views, is hosting the site for kitties. I am one of the charter members!

14 comments:

  1. Derby you is such a smart kitty checkin efurrything out in the house. Make sure there's no mousies runnin around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new color!

    Wish I had a house to 'vestigate! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that would be an awesome place to have. I don't think we have places like to get up to here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have anything like that at our house. My bro Eddie said he and mom and Sophie had something like that one a couple of places ago, but that was before the three of them went on that long, long trip back out here.

    I'm waiting to get into our attic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had access to such a perch as that! Mom gets irritated when I try to get into the laundry closet--but how can she expect me not to explore?

    Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing you have your Mum to take care of you. No guy wants to walk around with spidey webs on his whiskers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Derby you gotta real 'citin place to investigate. I creepie crawl onto the back porch and sniff sniff the smells. That is 'bout as 'citin as it gets around here.

    **ABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you keep efurrything in order in the dungeon. We bet no vermin dare come into your castle ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dungeon. Those ducts look really fun to explore. Be careful you don't get stuck somewhere Derby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have a dungeon! Sounds like a wonderful place. Mom says we have a "crawl space." I could crawl around down there and there is dirt on the floor, a huge litterbox!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Derby! Mom saw the comment you left on our blog! She & dad went to Grand Forks this last weekend for the regional finals which their beloved Sioux won! And what an exciting 3ot game the badgers had!! They went to the Holy Cross/Minnesota game Fri night when HC beat the gophers...was that place ever rocking! ND fans HATE the gophers and it was bedlam when HC upset them. Man, does mom love hockey. This is gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very brave, Derby! We're not really crazy 'bout spider webby things . . . stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, Derby, you are a brave adventurer! Mom says spidey webs give her the willies. I don't know what that is but it doesn't sound good.
    ~ moose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the British temp-conversion. It is about 10 C here as well, it was nice and sunny this morning. The daffodils are FINALLY out but are being battered by the high winds we are having. My mum says March is going out like a lion, I'm not sure what she means by that...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, we loves to hear your meows and mews.